Right Brain Aerobics for Parenting
Right Brain Aerobics Classes for Parenting will include presentation of the basic Right Brain Aerobics skills while specifically focused on using these techniques in parenting -- and even how to teach some of the basic skills to children. For information on components see Home Page and Take a Tour, Sample Exercises.
- Right Brain Aerobics techniques, especially Affirmation and the Strategic Learning Systems Balance Beam*, enable enhanced communication skills, understanding and countering invalidation and low self-esteem. This understanding of self-affirmation in a context of culture and identity can greatly increase conflict resolution abilities.
- Right Brain Aerobics includes training of not only creativity and innovative thinking skills – but intuitive and supersensory skills almost never trained in mainstream language for practical modern applications in career, learning, parenting, etc. Right Brain Aerobics includes applications to all.
- Right Brain Aerobics includes techniques that enable greater emotional and environmental awareness, intelligence – with easy practices that increase sensitivity to the feelings of others in a group and the power of environmental symbols and right brain “cues” that can be, without awareness, impacting the effectiveness of parenting or teaching.
- Right Brain Aerobics exercises are great things to do with kids and in family time, using the brain in a new way. The meditative sound journeys makes this an especially enjoyable, sometimes magical, family adventure. RBA techniques are also great to structure listening to children and to make sure there is time for opening to and affirmging their creative output.
- Right Brain Aerobics skills include thinking strategically – looking at several sides of any question or approach and the possible long-term effects. This is easily applied to developing creative parenting strategies.
- Right Brain Aerobics fosters team building among groups – pulling for creative insights and new viewpoints form all -- a creative group “right-brainstorming” session as well as learning/practicing new techniques. For Parents groups -- or groups with kids. Some of the ideas and concepts which emerge from RBA sessions could be made into whole books themselves, so rich is the output. Graduates form into “Right Brain Buddies” groups or “Innovator Teams” and practice on their own; among a group of parents this sharing using innovative/creative/mentally focused techniques could become a powerful force. All skills are multiplied in regular group practice.
Creative "Right Brain Buddies" Teams
or even Parents' Right Brain Think Tanks --
can expand ongoing Right Brain Development
and Practice for Parents and Children.
Related Article from Science News:
FOR KIDS: How creativity powers science
HOW DOES A RIGHT BRAIN EXPRESS CLASS WORK?
The way a Right Brain Aerobics Training works, and how it can be adapted for special uses, groups, needs, organizations: Such as Right Brain Aerobics for Parents:
Right Brain Aerobics has 7 Components and begins with Level 1: “Right Brain Start Up” a “sample series” of exercises and techniques some of which can be taught in part even to young children.
The trainer guides the group through a mental focus technique – often using relaxation and sound – that enhances insight and new ideas from the group. These are shared.
The “focus” of the idea-generation or insight-generation is usually on a particular topic: Such as Parenting. A whole class can thus focus on parents, with Right Brain Aerobics instruction and applications focused for Parenting – and some RBA graduates who are parents on hand to illustrate further how to apply the practices in parenting.
As Right Brain Aerobics is a training applying certain mental techniques to a topic – it could be applied to sales or parenting – or for excelling in sports! Or to be more effective in meetings – “Right Brain Checklist for Meetings & Classes” has been called a “brilliant” piece for more effective use of meetings or effective performance in classes, regardless of the subject.
Right Brain Aerobics training is a “framework” – YOU provide the topic and focus for the “applications” – and the brilliant insights of attendees in this class which provides rare space for deep mental focus relaxation and natural inspired, creative insight.
RIGHT BRAIN AEROBICS FOR PARENTING:
A Right Brain Aerobics for Parenting Class makes the subject matter, applications of techniques, and examples focus on parenting issues as raised by the parents or teachers.
This is easy as it is how Right Brain Aerobics is structured. For example, each exercise has a “Target Goal” or “Question” – in this case that quest would be focused on a parenting issue or an educational issue or relationship issue. In a company training it might be focused on sales issues or how to increase the number of clients. Interestingly – solutions and new ideas that emerge for one, may be just as applicable to the other!
It may surprise you to learn than in some corporate business training, Right Brain Aerobics trainees have PREFERRED to focus on parenting issues and stress reduction! Trying to learn how to better handle work-parenting pressures and integrate home and work life more creatively!
Partners and Sponsors for Right Brain Aerobics for Parenting:
If you want to be involved or attend the first class series in the Seattle or Whidbey Island area contact:
Sandra Rodman, CEO
Right Brain Aerobics
425-214-2926 or text your email address to that Number.
Quotes which well illustrate some of the insights and focuses of Right Brain Aerobics. Some sound like they could fit right in with RBA's 5 Tips for Right Brain Activation, Creativity Connection Points, and Right Brain Start Up.
The most important part of "Right Brain Aerobics for Parenting" will be the creative-intuitive insights of parents, using new mental skills, using the brain differently -- modeling a different way to inspire creatively with children...
“If I had my had my child to raise over again:
I’d build self-esteem first and the house later
I’d finger paint more and point the finger less
I would do less correcting and more connecting
I’d take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes
I would care to know less and know to care more
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites
I’d stop playing serious and seriously play
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars
I’d do more hugging and less tugging
I’d see the oak tree in the acorn more often
I would be firm less often and affirm much more
I’d model less about the love of power
And more about the power of love.”
-- Diane Loomans
“Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so they have very little time with their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.”
-- Mother Theresa
“When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking ...
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I LOOKED….and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.
-- Thanks to Connie Back From Heart Quotes
“Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.”
– James Baldwin
“Where did we ever get the crazy idea that in order to make children do better, first we have to make them feel worse? Think of the last time you felt humiliated or treated unfairly. Did you feel like cooperating or doing better?”
– Jane Nelson
(Right Brain Aerobics Affirmation exercises from Strategic Learning Systems may provide a key technique and understanding on this point.)
“Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.”
-- Neil Postman, The Disappearance of Childhood
“Pausing to listen to an airplane in the sky, stooping to watch a ladybug on a plant, sitting on a rock to watch the waves crash over the quayside - children have their own agendas and timescales. As they find out more about their world and their place in it, they work hard not to let adults hurry them. We need to hear their voices.”
-- Cathy Nutbrown
Right Brain Aerobics for Parenting